Pages

Saturday, January 15, 2011

To Recertify or not

This is the year I must recertify with DONA. I have been debating on if it is better to do it or not.  I have tried to keep track of where my clients have found me. Mostly it is the VFDC in our area or by word of mouth. 

Last year I only took 4 births.  Is it worth it for me to recert?. I am still a Doula and follow what I have been taught and believe in the support that every birthing mother should have.  I would do nothing different without a certification from DONA.  I just do not know.

I guess I will have to see what parents think about hiring a Doula without a certification.  I am still DONA trained and keep up on reading and things to enhance by practice.  I guess I feel it crazy after 25+ births I would need to get 3 more births signed off.  Have I not proven my worth already? 

This is the question of the week.  I would no be able to use this upcoming birth because I have not ordered my packet to re-certify so I would need 3 birth by November of this year and if things are like last year....well...I may not get them anyways..

I better makeup my mind and fast I suppose.

No comments:

Post a Comment